Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sharpie brush tip marker

I tried one of the new Sharpie brush tip markers at some gigs this weekend. It works very well but starts getting dry way too quick - of course you can see how much shorter it is than most other markers. It feels dryer on the page (more of a chalky feel) than the Utrecht, which is what I currently use.  I didn't notice the slightly chalky feel of the Sharpie till it got dry and I switched to the Utrecht which glided on the paper more smoothly.  It's cheaper than the Utrecht - I found it for $1.49 each at Staples.  The Utrechts are $1.99 each but I also pay shipping cost.  The Sharpie is a good substitute if you run out or forget your markers when going to a gig. Also, IMHO it's more difficult to get really thin lines like when doing eye lashes especially when you've been using it for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment